Download Spring Fever
1. Your spot in the tournament will not be held
without a check in hand.
2. The Spring Fever Tournament is a town-based
travel team tournament. Team rosters must be drawn from their respective
towns or high school sending districts. Teams that are not town-based
(club teams) may not register for/compete in the tournament. You will be
asked to provide proof of address for each player one month prior to the
event. If it is confirmed that your organization recruits players from
other communities, you will be removed from the tournament and forfeit
3. There will be no refunds for teams canceling
or teams found ineligible unless that team finds a team to fill their
spot 3 weeks prior to the tournament start.
4. Each team will play 3 games (weather
5. The 4 highest seeded teams at the 10U Level
and 6 highest seeded teams at the 12U Level will
advance to the Sunday elimination brackets. The final 2 teams in each
bracket will play in a championship game. The 2 losing teams in each
semi-final game will also play in a third place game.
6. The winning team must report the final score
of the game immediately following the end of each game.
7. Tie breakers will be as follows (1) Head to
Head, if applicable (2) Least Runs against (3) Runs scored.
8. Each team must submit a certificate of
insurance prior to their first game. Insurance must list the Lincoln
Park PAL as an also insured.
9. Each team must submit a roster to the
tournament director via email with proof of players address before March
10. Home team will be decided by a coin flip in
all Friday and Saturday games.
11. Each team will select an MVP from the
opposing team for all games. It will be the coach’s responsibility to
make sure that a different girl is picked for each game.
12. Each game will have a 1 hour and 20 minute
no new inning time limit. There will be no drop dead time. If an inning
is started it must be finished unless the home team has taken the lead.
There will be no time limit in Championship games.
All games (10U and 12U) are
6 innings, subject to time limit.
14. Runs ahead (Mercy):
15 after 3 innings, 12 after 4 innings and 8 after 5 innings.
Tournament Rules and
We are using
ASA Rules. Therefore, anything not listed and/or modified should be
considered as such:
Any batter who, in an attempt to draw in the 3rd basemen, shows bunt and
then pulls the bat back and swings will be disqualified from the game.
There will be no warning for this offence. If a batter shows bunt they
may either take the pitch and or bunt. Please note that this will be
enforced regardless of if contact is made or not.
2. All pitchers must have 2 feet in contact
with the rubber with no step back.
3. The look back rule will be strictly
enforced. This means the runner being more or less than half way has no
impact on the umpires call. Again the look back rule is in play at all
- 4. Courtesy runners are permitted for the
pitcher and catcher at anytime. However, the catcher or pitcher must be
the current catcher or pitcher. It does not matter if she will be the
next pitcher or catcher.
- 5. You cannot use the same runner for the
pitcher and the catcher in the same inning. That runner must be a bench
player and if no bench players are available, it must be the last batted
- 6. Each team is allowed 3 defensive conferences
per game. Should a defensive player approach the dugout to receive
instructions, the umpire will consider this a conference. Each and every
conference over the 3 allowed must involve the removal of the pitcher.
Note that the changing of the pitcher is not considered a conference.
You are allowed 1 additional conference for each extra inning played.
- 7. Each team is allowed 1 offensive conference
per inning. The umpire will refuse the second conference. Insisting on
the second conference will be grounds for ejection.
- 8. On a pitched ball where the batter puts the
bat across the plate and the pitched ball is out of the strike zone, a
ball will be called unless the batter moves the bat towards the ball.
- A. Each team will bat a minimum of 9 players
with an option of batting any number of players above 9. Example, if a
team wants to bat 12 players they can do so.
- B. Infield fly rule is in effect.
- A. Each team will bat a minimum of 10 players
with the option of batting any number of players above 10. Example, if a
team wants to bat 12 players they can do so.
- B. Pitching distance will be 35 feet.
- C. Only stealing of third base is allowed.
Runner may leave on the release of the pitch.
- D. There will be no dropped third strike.
- E. Each team will field 10 players. The 10th
player will be an outfielder.
- F. All outfielders must play on the outfield
- G. Infield fly rule is not in effect.
Coaches, players and
spectators must conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner at all times.
Any questions regarding
the rules should be sent to the tournament director prior to the start of
the tournament; otherwise, tournament will proceed as stated with above
rules. Once the tournament is underway, rules will not be discussed.
Director, Lincoln Park Spring Fever Tournament